Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring is finally here (I hope)...

Although spring "officially" started on March 20, that was only 2 days after we had a record snowfall for March, so it really didn't feel like spring at all. This week, though, we've had consistently above-freezing temperatures during the day and the snow has pretty much all melted off the roads (and most south-facing yards). I think it was Wednesday when it was really bright and sunny in the morning and I thought to myself, "could it be that spring is finally here?" (you learn not to get overly hopeful living in Edmonton, there's always the possibility of April or even May snowstorms).

I was able to go out for a really great run today (great in terms of weather and motivation - sunny and +10 C, maybe not so great in terms of running as I was over 40 minutes for 5 km). Now if only the city would clean the sand off the streets soon so I can ride my bike without fear of skidding into traffic ...

No comments: