Saturday, April 22, 2006

iPod Playlist (even though I don't actually own one)

Our newspaper has been printing playlists from readers in the Saturday "Culture" section, right below the upcoming releases section ... today they printed mine (well, actually not mine, but Chris's - thanks Chris!):
YOURPOD
Today's list comes from Jennifer Walker, with a little encouragement from one of her friends.
"Once it was obvious that I needed to break out of my Canadian pop-roots orientation of the last 10 years -- Blue Rodeo, Great Big Sea, Jann Arden, Colin James, et cetera," she writes, "My buddy Chris in Australia was kind enough to give me some recommendations which I have thoroughly enjoyed."
And, she adds, downloaded legally from emusic.com, which specializes in indie artists and labels.
Here are Jennifer's selections:

- Mercury Rev, Goddess on a Highway
- Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Life in L.A.
- Magnetic Fields, Papa Was a Rodeo
- Tindersticks, People Keep Comin' Around
- Pavement, Passat Dream
- Cat Power, Cross Bones Style
- Galaxie 500, Blue Thunder
- Jens Lekman, Tram #7 to Heaven
- Jose Gonzalez, Heartbeats
- Spain, Every Time I Try
- Sufjan Stevens, Chicago
- The Pixies, Here Comes Your Man
- Al Phoenix, Bird Whispering
- Animal Collective, Did You See the Words
OK, that was a little more than 10 songs ... but we'll let it slide this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

15 seconds of fame :) having just received a hand-me-over 20GB MP3 player from Robert (he bought an 80GB one) perhaps it's time I broadened my musical horizons.