Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So happy I'm in tears...

I've mentioned here before that I'm not actually working at present, that I left my family practice after October; in January I will start doing locums to get a more flexible schedule/better hours/avoid burnout/etc. I also mentioned that we're hoping to start a family. I've told friends how the two are actually connected - it's been over two years since we started trying, figured maybe the stress of my prior job wasn't really helping - sometimes you start to lose hope (especially after an "almost" in October). Well, my hope is restored today in that I finally got an appointment at the Fertility Clinic for January (we've been waiting since August, I was thinking I wouldn't get in until April or something, didn't want to bug them too much because I've seen how sometimes that actually backfires on patients - yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease at times, but other times it gets you a bad reputation and being put at the bottom of the pile, sorry to say). So, hopefully it won't come to that - but Plan B is now securely in place and I feel very hopeful and happy right now.

(I never meant to get so personal here - oh well, it feels good to say something somewhere to someone).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*does a happy dance for you* hurray for progress!