Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Double-standard in media political reporting?

Oh, no, it can't be! But Toronto Sun columnist Lorrie Goldstein argues (fairly convincingly) that there is an obvious pro-Liberal media bias in the coverage of the federal election campaign. Which is probably why I read more than just the mainstream media. I might actually be a Liberal were it not for Paul Martin and the party's seemingly entrenched corruption and sense of entitlement, the "natural governing party" if you will (I hope I'm not starting to sound like Rex Murphy...) Of course, as I mentioned a few days ago, I should be voting for Duceppe and the Bloc (only problem being they don't run in Alberta).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't use nearly enough big words to sound like Rex Murphy so you're ok!! You also can't do the eyebrow thing...

guidemd said...

thanks for the reassurance, after I wrote "if you will" I thought it sounded somewhat pretentious and Rex-Murphy-like (check out Mark Critch's hilarious impersonation from 22 Minutes last week if you don't know what we're talking about).