Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A month later...

I was going to post on my birthday, about how it was such a day of mixed emotions - nice to spend time with family, but I had to work that day, nice that the Tour de France was going to start the next day, but there was a big doping scandal that took out a number of the top contenders (on my birthday no less). But obviously I never got around to it ...

Busy watching the Tour for the last few weeks, as well as working pretty much full-time again. The Tour was the most exciting one that I've ever seen, as the outcome wasn't essentially predetermined. My favourite rider for the overall (Aussie Cadel Evans) ended up 5th, which is really good considering he was 8th last year (but there were a lot who suddenly had expectations that he'd do even better given the strange circumstances of a number of riders missing from the Tour). And my favourite sprinter (Aussie Robbie McEwen) ended up winning the green jersey, as the top rider in the points competition (points given each stage depending on your placing rather than the time, you could say it measures the consistency of finishing near the top - the overall contenders will often finish in the middle of the pack on flat stages for example).

As for working, well, I've realized yet again that the job I'm going to in September will be a good thing for me ... I'm starting to feel similar fatigue and frustration to when I had my own practice, the thought that I only have just over a month to go is what's getting me through. At least I'll get paid on Friday ... they made a mistake in registering me properly through the computer system when I started for July, so the first set of billings to Alberta Health was entirely rejected, then when they tried to fix the problem the next set of billings missed the payment deadline, but it looks like everything went through ok this time. I think I might have gone on strike otherwise ;-)

And I'm nearing the point of giving up on the pregnancy thing, I just can't deal with the expectations and hopes of being pregnant and then the cruel disappointment each month when it doesn't happen (like today for instance, I was so sure this was going to be the lucky month). I'm not sure I want to spend tons of money for alternative ways to experience the same disappointment ...

I think I'm starting to sound really sorry for myself, and I'm not generally like that, so I'd better stop now :-). Maybe I'll go watch a movie or something (I've got a bunch recorded that I haven't had a chance to watch yet)...

No comments: