Monday, November 14, 2005

A Relief...

Today I did a demo of our electronic medical records software for a doctor and 2 staff from another clinic - it went really well, I think. The reason I even mention this is because this is really the first formal training session of any kind I've done in a year - I'm on leave as a Girl Guide Trainer at present, and still think my stress levels would get too high to do a Guiding training right now, but it was reassuring to realize that I can do "training" in general without too much stress. (Other than procrastinating a lot before properly preparing for today, and a bit of anxiety this morning, it was fine).

So now I can go and read my new book, "The 2005 Tour de France", that arrived today. (Makes me think of something Jerry Seinfeld said when we saw him live a few years ago - he commented on how strange it was that after people watched a sports event live, they'd have to rush home to watch the highlights on the news as if to prove that what they saw really did actually happen - and then they'd read all the stories about it in the paper the next day, to prove that what they saw in the highlights and live really did happen ...)

No comments: