Sunday, March 12, 2006

Even shorter snappers (film reviews)...

I made a bunch of notes when we were away on vacation in January, about films that I had seen recently, but obviously haven't yet got around to posting anything about them (except Wired to Win). So, here's my transcribed short-form notes on a few:

Overcoming (2005) - film about the Danish pro cycling team CSC managed by Bjarne Riis, during the 2004 season which was the first for Ivan Basso with the team (he came 2nd in the Tour de France that year as well as in 2005). It would be good for cycling fans, as it showed an indepth look behind the scenes (especially on the DVD special features), but it jumped around a lot such that it was really hard to determine the sequence of events (even I was confused, I can't imagine what non-cycling fans would think - or maybe they wouldn't be watching in the first place). The pace was slow at times, with not a lot of action, but I found the focus on Riis's team theories and strategy quite interesting (especially since I was reading an article about it in Cycle-Sport magazine at the same time). The best part though had to be the comment from Jens Voigt in one of the special features about his routine when he gets to a hotel room, turning on the TV is one of the first things he does and if there's a German channel then "life is great".

(I have notes on at least 5 others, maybe if I try to put up one every few days I'll get around to them all eventually - and I watched a few more films on the weekend too...)

No comments: