Friday, September 16, 2005

Summer activities

I never got around to posting anything about our camping trip, so now I have two actually to mention.

Ed and I went camping in Kananaskis Country (Peter Lougheed Provincial Park) in August for 4 days - great weather (it was +30 C and sunny in Calgary all that week - cooler in the mountains but still great). We did some hiking as I was trying to prepare for my next trip at the end of August - our photos are here.

This trip reminded us of prior camping trips to Kananaskis, so I dug out some old photos: our first-ever camping trip as a couple in 1993 when we did the same Mt. Indefatigable hike we did again this year (photos here and here), and a camping trip in 1996 with friends where we went whitewater rafting.

In late August I hiked the Chilkoot Trail with some Guiding friends from Victoria, as mentioned previously on this page. My photos of that trip are here.

No comments: